Sweet and Salty Caramel Squares
- 22 pieces (256 g) of Werther’s Original Soft Crème Caramels
- 3 tablespoons 18 % light cream
- 6 cups pretzel twists, crushed
- 5 cups air-popped popcorn
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Number of portions: 16
1. In small saucepan set over medium-low heat, cook caramels with cream, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Remove from heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl, toss pretzels with popcorn.
4. Pour caramel mixture over top; toss gently with rubber spatula until evenly coated.
5. Using spatula, press mixture evenly into parchment paper-lined 8-inch square baking pan.
6. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.