Classic Caramel Apples
- 4 medium-size apples
- 4 caramel apple sticks
- 50 pieces (300 g) Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Number of portions: 4
1. Push sticks into tops of apples. Place caramels and milk in 1-quart, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring frequently until smooth, about 3 minutes.
2. Dip and swirl apples in melted caramel mixture, using a spoon to spread evenly.
3. Place on waxed paper until caramel sets or refrigerate 15 minutes for quicker results.
Indulgent caramel nut apples: Place chopped, salted skinless peanuts or toasted walnuts on waxed paper. Press bottom of caramel-dipped apple into nuts. Drizzle melted milk or semi-sweet chocolate over apples.