Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped (reserve a tablespoon for drink garnish)
- 15 pieces (90 g) Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tub prepared whipped cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Number of portions: 4-6
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepot, heat milk, sugar and coffee to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and add the chocolate and caramels.
3. Continue to barely simmer, stirring often, until both the caramels and chocolate have melted completely.
4. Pour into small mugs or cups and top with whipped cream and chocolate.