Banana Caramel Bread Pudding
- 454 g loaf of brioche or egg bread, unsliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup 14% sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, cut into ½-inch slices
- 128g Werther’s Soft Éclair Caramels
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Number of portions: 10
1. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. Lay on a sheet tray uncovered to dry for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment.
3. In a large bowl, combine milk, sour cream, sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Stir bread cubes into milk mixture until the bread has absorbed the liquid. Fold in banana slices and ⅔ of the caramels into the mixture.
5. Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan and top with remaining caramels.
6. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes, serve warm.